Friday, May 23, 2008

A Moment in Time - Snaps From My Mobile

Taking photograph's from a mobile are simple and easy ... They help me capture a moment in an instant. Sometime I click a frame even when I'm driving (Risky though I agree!) so much for responsible driving : ) ... Cannot resist when you see a frame and feel that you just need to capture. It just has to be in your collection. A moment in Time. Some of my captures have been leave turning translucent against the sun or the shape of a cloud that is absolutely unique. The 3 frames I present here are not the best of them and the resolution is of course very wanting but what I enjoy is being able to capture the feel or the atmosphere.

It is interesting as to what all kind of innovations one can do to employ filters on an image while taking it. The first image which I titled a 'Burst in the Sky' was taken through my Polaroid and anti glare black sun glasses. As a result I got this tinge of grey and black stronger than actual.

Moving on, I cherish this snap more than any of the others that I have taken simply because this frame was taken on impulse on a very cold bleary winter morning. I like the framing especially the branch and the Monument which though silent speaks so much. There is a romance in the frame due to the lack on the sun. I love it : )

The lights at the Presidents House and the North and South Block are breathtaking. Take a look at the mirror reflection of the south block. It is complete with the 'night sun'. While photography can be serious I feel take snaps from your mobile are fun and informal not studied or exacted. They are impulsive and candid and therefore natural.

I enjoy this carefree medium a lot . . . Please feel free to share your comments and experiences of photography through your mobile.

No comments: