Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Love Affair with Rains!

Here I am ! Following my heart as it dances around during the monsoons. Though the Met Dept claims these early showers are only pre-monsoon, my heart rejoices every time I see dark cloud formations in the sky.  Rain the most beautiful gift to us, always makes me happy inside. So my smiling during rains is a default. Cannot relate to statements about the mess rains bring like flooding, traffic jams etc.  For me monsoons are the best time after winters.  


A recent drive in the general direction of Jaipur was almost a chase to sit in the shade of the dark clouds.  The breeze, the hills, the clouds and the odd diversion into nowhere was a perfect way to enjoy the rains.  And it is when you escape the skyscrapers, you notice the grand scale of the cloud filled sky. Their scale makes me feel small and humble. Believe the horizon is much more magnified with monsoon clouds than just a bright blue sky.  


The pictures above are just some days when the sky was lit up by the red sun and subdued by the cool rain laden clouds.  And this morning the deliciously cool breeze greeted me and the burst of rain lilies at our doorstep made me smile yet again. 

Rains make it easy to smile and stay happy? Guess I'm a romantic at heart :)

No comments: